- This event has passed.
FBC Presents NIST IT Security Day
May 14 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm EDT
From nanoscale devices so tiny that tens of thousands can fit on the end of a single human hair…to earthquake-resistant skyscrapers and global communication networks, the National Institute of Standards and Safety (NIST) advances our nation’s technology infrastructure. Approximately 1,000 of the employees making that happen at NIST gather at their annual IT Security Day, which increases awareness of operational IT security and networking both at home and in the office.
Hosted by NIST’s Office of the Chief Information Officer and featuring guest speakers on general/technical topics and tutorials on internal services/products, this event educates users on IT security and related topics. It’s mandatory for all NIST employees to attend at least one session during NIST IT Security Day. That makes it an exceptional place for you to display your technology products and services!
- The exhibit hall is strategically placed to maximize the attendee traffic to and from the sessions taking place in the auditorium.
- High traffic in the exhibit hall is expected before and between sessions.
- In 2018, more than 300 NIST professionals visited the exhibit area to network with exhibitors and learn about the newest technologies available for their work.
Why should you exhibit? NIST works with industry and science to advance innovation. These recent news articles give an interesting window into what technologies NIST is working on now and next.
- Can your product help secure manufacturing industrial control systems with behavioral anomaly detection? Read the full NextGov article for details.
- What about smart grid interoperability and cybersecurity? Or smart & secure cities? Read the full Mondaq article for details.
- Help safeguard health information? Read the full JDSSUPRA article for details.
- Unified access security? Read the full Forbes Magazine article for details.
- Supply chain cybersecurity? Read the CSO article for details.
- Cybersecurity strategy? Read The Hill article for details.
Exhibitors are welcome to attend NIST IT Security Day sessions.
Get your product or service in front hundreds of professionals ready to measure, innovate and lead America’s technology. Register today.
NIST is a non-regulatory Federal agency within the US Department of Commerce (DOC). As a Federal research agency specifically focused on promoting US economic competitiveness, NIST is well-positioned to accelerate and promote innovation and advanced technologies through its Laboratory Programs and its Innovation and Industry Services Programs. Their mission is to promote US innovation and industrial competitiveness by advancing measurement science, standards, and technology in ways that enhance economic security and improve quality of life.
NIST has six laboratories that conduct world-class research – often in close collaboration with industry – advancing the nation’s technology infrastructure and helping US companies continually improve products and services.
Requested Technologies include CDM (Continuous Monitoring), Cloud Security, Training and Awareness Products/Services, Mobile Security, Apps, Test Equipment, Anti Phishing Training, and other cyber security technologies.
If you have questions about the logistics of this event ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT please contact the event manager Eric Longo at (800)878-2940 ext. 227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Prior to the day of the event please direct any questions to your FBC Account representative.