In the following, we'll talk about how to transition from a Bug Hunter to a Pentester. It’s important to note that this content is intended to be an objective comparison with a real person's experiences. These professions have individual pros/cons that add value to the security industry as a whole. It’s not uncommon to meet bug hunters who say that they are interested in getting into pentesting, but they keep a bug hunter mindset and struggle to excel in the pentesting arena. The purpose of this article is to examine the differences in the . . .
TABLE OF CONTENTS
United States Cybersecurity Magazine
Virginia TechCybersecurity and Your Business
- Staying Home May Be Good for Your Health, but Is It Good For Agency Security?
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution: Securing the Future
- What Should Your Home Cybersecurity Set Up Look Like?
- The Power of Automation
- AMPLIFYING YOUR SOC EFFORTS WITH AUTOMATION
- Multiparty Computation Secures Machine Identity in the New Cyber Frontier
- What is Cyber Leadership?
- Hackers Are Laying Siege to Critical Infrastructure: Here’s How to Fight Back
- Some Risks We Must Accept
- Exploring the Differences Between Bug Hunters and Pentesters
- A Software Bill of Materials Is Critical for Comprehensive Risk Management
- Why We Haven’t Solved the Problem of Too Many Software Bugs
- The Most Financially Devastating Form of Cyber-Attacks Can be Thwarted for Free
- The Ardennes, Again
- The Cyber-Hygiene Mantra
- How to Manage Challenges of Cloud Migration and Microsoft Vulnerabilities
- Trade-Offs of Convenience: Social Logins, Password Managers and Other Single Points of Failure in User Authentication
- Wyoming Takes a Holistic Approach in Cybersecurity Standards for Businesses, Expanding Connections, and Creating Jobs
- Biden Orders Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Initiative
- Cultivating Greater Cyber ROI for Cyber Resilience
- Cyber Hedging: How Cybercriminals May Capitalize on a Decrease in Ransomware Payments by Short Selling Victim Companies
- Pros and Cons of Paying Ransomware
- Patchwork State Privacy Legislation vs Federal Law: Small and Midsize Businesses Would Benefit from One Clear Path
- Practicing What We Preach: Working Together to Mitigate Cyber Threats
- Cybersecurity: The Anatomy of Ransomware Attacks