When asked about his recent transition from Garrison Commander at Fort George G. Meade to Director of Cyber Development in the Maryland Department of Commerce (previously the Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development), Ken McCreedy laughed and said, “It’s been a whirlwind.” The retired U.S. Army colonel has taken on this prestigious role in the state’s cybersecurity efforts at an exciting time. Maryland is the eye of a hurricane of cybersecurity development and expansion in the government, private enterprise, and educational arenas. “The energy and vitality that one sees in new startup companies and the excitement . . .
TABLE OF CONTENTS
United States Cybersecurity Magazine
- What Is Coming out of Your Network?
- Read This Before You Get Hacked Again
- Restoring Trust in Healthcare
- The Need for a Cybersecurity Neighborhood Watch
- Automating Cybersecurity Using Software-Defined Networking
- The Roots of the IoT Forest
- The Nomad Project: Targeting Security and Availability Issues in the Cloud
- Can Employee Behavior Indicate an Insider Threat?
- Maryland Cybersecurity: We Are Many, We Are One
- Reinforcing the Links to Strengthen the Chain: Vendor Risk Management
- The Changing Tide of Enterprise IT
- What’s Next for Cybersecurity in Maryland?