Cybersecurity has a dirty little secret. Despite all the buzz, nobody knows what cybersecurity actually is. Many people have ideas about what cybersecurity should be. And there are dramatic predictions about market size. But we are not yet at a point where anyone can say, authoritatively, what cybersecurity actually is. We are in the digital equivalent of the “Gold Rush,” where prospectors are flocking to the industry to stake a claim, market their services (including by fear), and secure business. But the industry has yet to settle on a standard and much of this “early” spending might be wasted as . . .
TABLE OF CONTENTS
United States Cybersecurity Magazine
- Wireless Security: Not just 802.11 Anymore
- Eliminating Threat Vectors in Cyber Attacks
- Preventing Friends and Foes from CyberSpying on YOU
- Near-Term Vision of IT Security Threat Monitors
- San Antonio: The Next Hub for Cyber?
- The Psychology of Social Engineering
- How Not to Become the Next Headline: Wake-Up Call by the Largest Data Breach in History
- The Effects of Data Breaches on the Modern Consumer
- Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) vs. Home-Grown Software
- Reduce Risk, Train Your Workforce
- Focusing a Leader’s Lens on Cybersecurity Within a Vast Framework Landscape
- Feature Article
- A Unique Approach to Strengthening Our Nation’s Security and Resiliency