As the country is still reeling from the onslaught of ransomware attacks throughout 2021, there have been a series of new developments relating to the Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) of these cybercriminal groups carrying out the attacks. While many of these new TTPs have been technology based, there has been one that is financially based. The cybercriminal group behind the Colonial Pipeline attack in May 2021 was a group called “DarkSide”. One interesting piece of information that has been reported about the group is that they had previously stated that they would be, “willing to sell information about publicly . . .
TABLE OF CONTENTS
United States Cybersecurity Magazine
Virginia TechCybersecurity and Your Business
- Staying Home May Be Good for Your Health, but Is It Good For Agency Security?
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution: Securing the Future
- What Should Your Home Cybersecurity Set Up Look Like?
- The Power of Automation
- AMPLIFYING YOUR SOC EFFORTS WITH AUTOMATION
- Multiparty Computation Secures Machine Identity in the New Cyber Frontier
- What is Cyber Leadership?
- Hackers Are Laying Siege to Critical Infrastructure: Here’s How to Fight Back
- Some Risks We Must Accept
- Exploring the Differences Between Bug Hunters and Pentesters
- A Software Bill of Materials Is Critical for Comprehensive Risk Management
- Why We Haven’t Solved the Problem of Too Many Software Bugs
- The Most Financially Devastating Form of Cyber-Attacks Can be Thwarted for Free
- The Ardennes, Again
- The Cyber-Hygiene Mantra
- How to Manage Challenges of Cloud Migration and Microsoft Vulnerabilities
- Trade-Offs of Convenience: Social Logins, Password Managers and Other Single Points of Failure in User Authentication
- Wyoming Takes a Holistic Approach in Cybersecurity Standards for Businesses, Expanding Connections, and Creating Jobs
- Biden Orders Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Initiative
- Cultivating Greater Cyber ROI for Cyber Resilience
- Cyber Hedging: How Cybercriminals May Capitalize on a Decrease in Ransomware Payments by Short Selling Victim Companies
- Pros and Cons of Paying Ransomware
- Patchwork State Privacy Legislation vs Federal Law: Small and Midsize Businesses Would Benefit from One Clear Path
- Practicing What We Preach: Working Together to Mitigate Cyber Threats
- Cybersecurity: The Anatomy of Ransomware Attacks