Privacy initiatives are gaining traction across the country. The problem is that the states’ laws are inconsistent, leaving small and mid-sized businesses, in particular, struggling to understand by which laws they are bound and which “reasonable” means to implement towards securing the personal information they control and process. Moreover, while all 50 states have breach notification laws—which are inconsistent as to timing of notice, to whom notice needs to be given, and the means of notice and fines for failure to provide notice in a timely manner—at present, only a handful of states have adopted robust privacy . . .
TABLE OF CONTENTS
United States Cybersecurity Magazine
Virginia TechCybersecurity and Your Business
- Staying Home May Be Good for Your Health, but Is It Good For Agency Security?
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution: Securing the Future
- What Should Your Home Cybersecurity Set Up Look Like?
- The Power of Automation
- AMPLIFYING YOUR SOC EFFORTS WITH AUTOMATION
- Multiparty Computation Secures Machine Identity in the New Cyber Frontier
- What is Cyber Leadership?
- Hackers Are Laying Siege to Critical Infrastructure: Here’s How to Fight Back
- Some Risks We Must Accept
- Exploring the Differences Between Bug Hunters and Pentesters
- A Software Bill of Materials Is Critical for Comprehensive Risk Management
- Why We Haven’t Solved the Problem of Too Many Software Bugs
- The Most Financially Devastating Form of Cyber-Attacks Can be Thwarted for Free
- The Ardennes, Again
- The Cyber-Hygiene Mantra
- How to Manage Challenges of Cloud Migration and Microsoft Vulnerabilities
- Trade-Offs of Convenience: Social Logins, Password Managers and Other Single Points of Failure in User Authentication
- Wyoming Takes a Holistic Approach in Cybersecurity Standards for Businesses, Expanding Connections, and Creating Jobs
- Biden Orders Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Initiative
- Cultivating Greater Cyber ROI for Cyber Resilience
- Cyber Hedging: How Cybercriminals May Capitalize on a Decrease in Ransomware Payments by Short Selling Victim Companies
- Pros and Cons of Paying Ransomware
- Patchwork State Privacy Legislation vs Federal Law: Small and Midsize Businesses Would Benefit from One Clear Path
- Practicing What We Preach: Working Together to Mitigate Cyber Threats
- Cybersecurity: The Anatomy of Ransomware Attacks